The Food Safety Information Council (FSIC) is a health promotion charity which aims to address the estimated 4.1 million cases of food borne illness in Australia each year. Food poisoning results, on average, in 31,920 hospitalisations, 86 deaths and 1 million visits to doctors each year.
The Council receives its major funding from state, territory and local government departments and agencies, scientific and educational institutions, community and commercial organisations throughout Australia.
There are three categories of involvement: Member, Supporter and Sponsor.
Become a member and support the work we do, so together with key stakeholders we remain and grow as the leading national provider of independent, science-based food safety information to Australian consumers.
The following are the benefits to FSIC membership;
- Access to a members only area on our website – will contain the research, surveys results, Newsletters, Executive Minutes, Annual and Special General Meeting minutes, detailed research findings, Constitution and Rules – not available to anyone else
- A Membership Certificate which will be replaced annually on payment of the annual membership fee
- Voting rights for one representative at the AGM and any SGMs
- Monthly newsletter – only available to members and sponsors
- Right of a representative to attend the Planning Days
- Input into the theme of Food Safety Week
- Opportunity to help spread the message of food safety and support the Council through membership of one of our groups (Communication, Finance, Membership, Technical)
- Access to and use of all Food Safety Week and other campaign materials (e.g. media release shells) at least a week before anyone else
Annual membership fees are due on the 1 July each year and are to be paid on invoice (14 day terms) from FSIC. You can join at any time.
On acceptance of your application, a tax invoice for a membership subscription (refer below) will be emailed to you.
Membership Fees (GST inclusive)
Individual $55 per annum
Corporate (Business, research institutes) $330 per annum
Government (Local/State/Territory/Commonwealth organisation) $330 per annum
Please open the fillable pdf membership form that applies to you:
Then complete it, save it and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 0407 626 688 for more information. Note: if you have difficulty scanning a signed copy of the form we will accept your email as a signature.Members' login
Supporters are organisations or individuals providing funds or significant support in-kind to the Council which are for general support rather than for specific activities.
Current Supporters are:
Sponsorship provides an opportunity for organisations to position themselves as excellent corporate citizens aware of the suffering caused by food poisoning and the power of consumer information to decrease its incidence.
Sponsorship is available for a range of materials such as brochures, posters, video news releases, radio and television advertisements, fridge thermometers, etc. Events during Australian Food Safety Week and at selected times of the year are also available for sponsorship.