The Food Safety Information Council today launched its Summer TV and radio community service announcement campaign ‘Food safety it’s in your hands’ which will run nationally on TV and radio until 31 January 2021.
Lydia Buchtmann, the Council’s Communications Director said the campaign features Uni students assessing their food safety knowledge and calling on everyone to take a simple food safety essentials online course here
‘We know our campaigns are very successful with the 2019 campaign ‘Excellent eggs – handle them safely’ saw our radio spots were played nationally 27,571 times on 324 markets/stations and our TV spots were played 412 times on metropolitan stations, 1300 in regional and 339 times on Sky Racing . We were delighted when this campaign was a finalist at the Public Relations Institute of Australia’s National Golden Target Awards last week which had a record number of entries this year.
‘Our indigenous radio campaign also kicks off this week presented by Jonathan Lindsay-Tjapaltjarri Hermawan (Jonzy) is a qualified teacher, muso, Alcohol and Other Drugs worker, motor mechanic, and radio presenter. Thanks to everyone who donated towards this campaign, Ms Buchtmann concluded.
It is simple to enter here for the chance to win one of ten Bunnings gift cards:
- Purchase the Food Safety Essentials training course for only $20 before 31 December 2020 here
- Use the same email you used to purchase the course to enter the competition below and to subscribe to the Food Safety Info Councils e-newsletter about useful food safety tips and occasional Highfield e-learning offers (you can unsubscribe at any time)
We’d love you to recommend the course to your friends and share on social media. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Good luck! Winners will be notified by email mid January 2021
We also have a schools competition where teachers can save $10 and purchase this course for only $30 before 31 December 2020. Highfield e-learning are offering one $200 Officeworks gift card to the school that registers and has the most students compete the course by 1 January 2021 find out more
Thanks to our sponsors and partners:
- Highfield e-learning for their charitable donation to run Australian Food Safety Week.
- Ecolab and Accord Australasia for their charitable donation to fund our handwashing research.
- Australian Pasteurised Eggs and other individual donors for their charitable donation towards our Indigenous Campaign.
- Bunnings for donating 10 $50 gift cards for our competition
We also acknowledge the partnership with Omnipoll for our consumer research and Media Heads our creative agency.
Lydia Buchtmann, Food Safety Information Council, 0407 626 688 or email@example.com